The AUS Cybersecurity program aims to equip learners with practical hands-on techniques and leadership skills to navigate the ever-evolving challenges faced in the world of cybersecurity.
The courses are developed with sound industry knowledge in mind and pulled from industry applicable books of knowledge with topics including ethical aspects of cybersecurity, security risk assessment, countermeasures, incidents, and proactive responses. Through these topics, our learners can build sound skills practical skills on risk analysis and management, cryptography, vulnerability identification, prioritization, classification, and remediation, user access lifecycle management, endpoint and network security utilities, service continuity management, regulatory and non-regulatory security audits, security governance, and metrics reporting.
How this cybersecurity program is delivered
This one-year advanced diploma program will provide students with the foundational information security (InfoSec) skills and knowledge necessary to be successful in the IT security industry. Through hands-on laboratory activities, case study analyses, and research projects, students will enhance their information security understanding and develop their interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
To fit in with busy schedules, the program is available 100% online or in a traditional in-class format (full-time or part-time) with September, January, or May admissions.
Our students are given the option to specialize in a functional area of cybersecurity including Information Security Management, Security Architecture & Engineering, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Forensics, Identity and Access Management, and Cloud Infrastructure Security.
Students can choose to pursue an Advanced Diploma in Cyber Security, with specialization in:
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC)
- Cybersecurity Management
- Incident Response, Digital Forensics & Threat Hunting
- Ethical Hacking & Penetration Testing
- eCommerce and Web Security
- Security Operation Center Management
- Information Technology Audit
- Identity and Access Management
- Security Architecture & Engineering
- Cloud Security Design and Development
- Malware Analysis & Response
- Project Management
Industry Certifications Included in the Program
AUS’s Diploma in Cybersecurity has the unique ability to allow students to join our program and walk away with a Diplomas and multiple industry-recognized certifications.
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional Security (CCNP)
- Microsoft Security
- … more
All our faculty members are highly qualified, industry-certified, and experienced Academics.
- Dr. Kayode Oloke, Ph.D., CISSP, SCF, CCSE, CCNP, MSCE, MCDBA, ITILv3
- Dr. Oscar Ukpere, Ph.D., CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH, EHCE, CDPSE
- Dr. George O. Nwogu, Ph.D., MBA, CISA, CRISC
- Dr. Damola Akande Ph.D., Certified Scrum Master
- Shahab Khalid, PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PSM I, LSSGB, ITIL v3, SMC, SAFe Agilist (SA), SPC 5.0
- Michael Moten, MSc. CEH, CREA, EnCE
The admission requirements for the BSc in cybersecurity at AUS include:
- A completed application form.
- Scanned copies of your high school results.
- Scanned copy of your passport.
- Transcripts from any college or university you attended.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A personal statement.
Tuition and Fees
Tuition: US$3,250 per semester.
Number of Semesters Per Year: 3
Part-Time Students: (Students enrolled in less than 10 credit hours/units per semester): US$250 / credit
Application Fee: US$50
Enrollment Fee: US$500
Student Government Fee: US$50 / semester
Examination Fee: US$100 / semester
Required Documents to Apply:
- Application for Admission
- One-Page Personal Statement
- One Letter of Recommendation
- All Undergraduate Transcripts
- $50 Application Fee
- Passport Photo
Within one week of a completed application file, including all necessary documents is received; an admissions counselor will schedule an interview to be done either over the telephone or personally at our campus in St Vincent. Applicants are advised that being granted an interview is not a guarantee of acceptance.
The Purpose of the Interview
To evaluate the applicant regarding his or her:
- Intellectual and academic ability
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the medical field
- Hobbies, special talents, volunteer experience
- Personal qualities, character and motivation
- Willingness to be a team player
- Compassion, empathy and the ability to deal with everyday issues
- The interview also allows the student to ask pertinent questions and to introduce any special circumstances that should be considered.
Following the Admissions Committee interview, the student will be notified of their admission status within one week. After receipt of the acceptance letter, the student is required to acknowledge their intention by returning the acceptance response form included with their acceptance letter, as well as mail the seat deposit fee to our Admissions Office within one week or by the deadline stated in the acceptance letter. This deposit will be credited towards the first-semester tuition fees when the student matriculates. The deposit will not be refunded if the student rescinds his or her acceptance.